THE AID & ATTENDANCE PENSION
The A & A Pension can provide up to $1789 per month for single veterans; $1404 per month for married veterans and $1149 a month for the surviving spouse without dependents (These figures are based on 2014 veteran’s pension rate table). The A & A Pension can also assist individuals who are blind or a patient in a nursing home because of mental or physical incapacity. Assisted care in an assisting living facility also qualifies.
Do You Have the “3-Ms”?
- Military: Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime, with an honorable discharge?
- Medical: Do you have a non service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
Did you serve during one of the VA Defined War Periods?
- World War II: Dec 7, 1941-Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-Jan. 31, 1955
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for 2 years.